Dilbeck gives back with annual Care for Our Heroes program
Dilbeck Real Estate will partner again this year with For the Troops, an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization that collects, packages and ships “We Care” packages to troops all over the world. These packages contain basic necessities, goodies, games and — most of all — a show of support.
Since its inception in 2005, For The Troops has substantially grown in volunteers and donors, and has distributed more than 250,000 packages year-round to American troops who risk their lives overseas every day — far away from the comforts of home.
As part of our ongoing service commitment to active military, veterans and first responders, Dilbeck’s Operation Keys for Our Heroes program works with our affiliate partners to offer multiple discounts on home purchases. Care for Our Heroes is an extension of that program, an annual drive to help collect and gather items for those packages. It gives our sales partners not only a chance to give back, but to bring our communities together, raise awareness and get as many local residents involved as possible.
This year, we will be collecting items between September 26 and October 28, and recruiting volunteers to help package the items during a special event in early November.
WHAT TO DONATE
- Baby Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Cotton Swabs
- Stationery Items
- Travel Size Sunscreen
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Eye Drops
- Foot Powder
- Crossword/Puzzle Books
- Athletic Socks (black, white, brown)
HOW TO DONATE
You can donate in any of these three ways:
- Drop off your items at any Dilbeck office during the collection period above.
- Items for donation can be purchased through this link, and will be delivered to one of our Dilbeck offices: https://rb.gy/ih7ljp
- Many of our sales partners will be distributing paper bags to their local areas, to make it easy for our neighbors to participate, as well. If you see one of these, feel free to drop your items in the bag and bring it to a Dilbeck office, or let the agent know when it’s ready to be picked up.
SPREAD THE WORD
If you’d like to share this campaign with your friends, family and neighbors, please feel free to share this graphic on your social media channels. The more, the merrier!
More to come
More details about collection, volunteering and writing thank-you notes to our troop members will be rolled out in the coming weeks. Please contact our Operation Keys for Our Heroes staff if you have questions, and we’ll have more information soon.